Position Description NetWork Kansas
A Service of the Kansas
Center for Entrepreneurship
TITLE: Accounting Clerk
STATUS: Full Time
PAY RANGE: TBD
DATE: September 2023
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Sr. Finance Manager. Hours will be Monday‐Friday from 8am‐5pm. It is expected that the position will be located at 550 N. 159th St East, Wichita, KS 67230.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Loan processing responsibilities:
1. Review loan documents submitted by (ASO) administrative support organizations.
2. Prepare loan document for requests where NetWork Kansas is the ASO and obtain
borrower signatures thru DocuSign.
3. Set up loan account in accounts receivable system.
4. Process loan payments to ASO or borrower through check writing or ACH payment
5. Maintain supporting grant details based on accounts payable payments
Accounts Payable responsibilities:
1. Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
2. Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
3. Understand expense accounts and cost centers
4. Understand compliance issues around accounts payable processes (i.e‐W‐9’s)
6. Assist Accounting Staff with any grant administration projects.
- The candidate should have either educational or work experience related to accounting.
- Understanding of the entrepreneurial process and commitment to high levels of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting
- 1‐2 years of accounting work experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, on the phone and in person.
- Detail oriented and keeps excellent records.
- Strong computer and software skills including Windows, Word, and Excel; ability to learn new applications and complex features as needed.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Strong sense of initiative, self‐motivation, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work with a high degree of integrity and hold high ethical standards.
- Treat others with respect and dignity.
If interested, please email cover letters and resumes to Kristi Pedersen, Vice President of Finance, [email protected]