Greater Kansas City Community Foundation
History and Today
The founders of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation passed a hat in 1978, collecting $200 and some change. The Community Foundation was thus begun with an extraordinary idea: Charitable giving should be the responsibility of many, not just a select few. Driven to improve the metropolitan area, the Community Foundation has grown to become one of the largest and most entrepreneurial public charities of its kind.
Today the Community Foundation
- Manages more than $3 billion in assets.
- Houses more than 3,800 charitable funds established by individuals, families and businesses to support the charitable causes that are important to them.
- Has provided more than $3 billion in grants since its inception.
- Ranks in the top one percent of more than 700 community foundations in the country in terms of total assets, gifts and grants.
By partnering with the Community Foundation, donors receive the simplicity and tax advantages of a public charity combined with the personal recognition, involvement and flexibility of a private foundation. Donors also gain access to the highest level of strategic thinking on ways to meet community challenges.
Download the Community Foundation’s 2017 Annual Report
- Integrity. We conduct our work in an honest and transparent manner, holding ourselves accountable to our commitments and for our words and actions.
- Respect. We value each person as an individual, embracing diversity and promoting equity and inclusion throughout our organization and region.
- Passion. We are passionate about making donors’ dreams come true through the power of philanthropy.
- Innovation. We seek new ideas and approach our work with flexibility, urgency, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Advocacy & Public Policy
- Business Issues Related to a Specific City
- Community Involvement
Economic & Property Development
Are you Leanne Breiby? Update your profile
Send Yourself a Magic Link
We will send you a link by mail that will sign you in instantly!