So what is the Nonprofit Start-Up Survival Group? It's a group of people that are either in the start-up phase or have started a new nonprofit organization. The group will meet monthly to discuss different topics, and tackle problems and challenges together. They will lean on each other, give advice, share connections, collaborate and learn from each other. It's very much peer-to-peer mentoring. The purpose is to help you and your nonprofit be successful. Bring your own lunch and join the discussion.
Topics and Dates:
Nonprofit Bylaws 3/6/2018
Strategic Planning 4/3/2018
Effective Board Meetings 5/1/2018
Grant Research 6/5/2018
Fundraising Planning 8/7/2018
Networking and Cultivating Donors 9/4/2018
Donor Appreciation 10/2/2018
Volunteer Recruitment 11/6/2018
Bring your own lunch.
Park on the north side of Envision on the other side of Pine street and not directly in front of the building.
Here are 7 reasons to join the Nonprofit Survival Group might be right for you:
1. You'll be part of an exclusive community. The other members need you just as much as you need them, so quality of experience and knowledge is crucial to all involved.
2. Advisement. Once you are involved, that feeling of "being alone" while running your nonprofit is gone. The other members of the group turn into advisors of sorts and vice versa.
3. Collaboration is the name of the game. You may find someone in the group that is a perfect fit to work on a project with you. Or, you may be the perfect person to help another member as well. The group works together collaboratively, to achieve more together.
4. Extend your network. Joining the group expands your network exponentially and rapidly. If you are trying to build a nonprofit, you know how important your network is. By joining this group you instantly add to your network and typically gain the networks of those in the group with you.
5. New learning. Everyone in the group has unique skills, experience and connections. By interacting and sharing your challenges, it's almost certain that someone in the group willl have a solution for you and you ma also be able to offer a solution, connection or tactic to help anotgher in the group.
6. Cross-promotion. You will most likely find ways to help each other by utilizing cross promotion and finding ways to help each other through promoting your respective networks.
7. Think bigger. You can't help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things.