A Service of the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship
TITLE: Senior Finance Manager
Current Employee: TBD
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance
PAY RANGE: Annual Salary TBD, with NetWork Kansas benefits package
DATE: July 2022
Senior Finance Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Key Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, this role manages company financial matters, budget administration, and prepares financial reports.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
a) Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or management.
b) Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting or collection procedures, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, or other financial control functions.
c) Provide support for all annual audits and any audits related to new or existing programs including federal and state audits.
d) Providing financial reports to the state of Kansas annually.
e) Assure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
f) Support strategic revenue generation and/or budget offset through grants, utilization of tax credits, interest income and partnerships.
g) Work with organizational units in the areas of financial management and work with various staff on data management.
h) Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
i) Assist with loan management and administration; set up and process loans, develop reports, and ensure accurate recordkeeping.
j) Prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
k) Pay bills promptly and maintain ledgers, including receiving, approving and/or declining billing invoices.
l) Providing monthly financials to the Vice President of Finance.
m) Track all grant funds and provide proper paperwork to receive reimbursements, as needed.
The candidate will be a college graduate and have either educational or work experience related to accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or finance.
- 5-7 years of work experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for direction and planning, required.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, on the phone and in person.
· Strong computer and software skills including Windows, Word, Excel, Access and QuickBooks; and complex features as needed.
· Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Work with a high degree of integrity and hold high ethical standards.
- Treat others with respect and dignity.
- Office at the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship’s corporate headquarters in Andover, KS.
- Willingness to participate in in-person and virtual meetings as needed.
- Preferred: Knowledge of statewide resource partners, particularly funding partners such as certified development companies, regional foundations and main street organizations.
- Preferred: Working knowledge and experience of various data tracking and loan programs including but not limited to Access, QuickBooks, and MP Navigator
- Preferred: Experience working with state agencies, local chambers and economic development staff as well as a general understanding of community capacity building.
Email resumes to email@example.com by July 22, 2022.