A Service of the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship
TITLE: Product Manager
REPORTS TO: Manager, Referral Center Programs and Operations
STATUS: Full-time position, primarily daytime hours, year-round
PAY RANGE: $33,000-$35,000
DATE: August, 2021
The key responsibility of this position is to assist the Manager of Referral Center Operations for NetWork Kansas in the implementation of operating policies and procedures. NetWork Kansas’ referral center is an information center component of the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship. In addition, this position will provide a direct link to NetWork Kansas, participating NetWork Kansas organizations, and the entrepreneurs and small businesses in the community who need assistance from these organizations.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Serve as a NetWork Kansas referral center Product Manager; answer questions of entrepreneurs and small business owners with the objective of connecting the caller to the participating NetWork Kansas organization that best fits their needs. Activities associated with these responsibilities include:
1. Assessing client needs and evaluating service opportunities.
2. Researching small business development organizations, programs and services to make appropriate referrals within the network.
3. Following up with clients to ensure quality assistance.
4. Performing research, as needed, when entrepreneurial need cannot be satisfied within the network.
5. Assisting the Designated Manager of the Resource Partner Network database with maintaining a database of statewide small business development organizations and their programs and services, as well communicating with these organizations.
6. Assisting the Manager of Referral Center Programs and Operations in gathering the key year-end metrics for the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship. This includes all funded clients, E-Mentoring, Economic Gardening, and Special Projects.
7. Supporting and teaming with the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship staff, as needed, for additional projects associated with Matching Loan Funds, E-Community, Create Campaign, e2 Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, and other special projects.
8. Supporting the Kansas Center of Entrepreneurship by utilizing digital communication channels to promote brand on the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook and NetWork Kansas blogs.
9. Presenting on the Kansas Center for Entrepreneurship at resource partner events, E-Community Board Certified Program classes and other events, as requested.
10. Assisting in uploading classes to the state-wide calendar on behalf of partners.
11. Using the SourceLink Pro feedback module and Google Doc to develop a database of clients (both via phone and web), documenting services provided to clients and providing regular reporting about client referrals.
12. Preparing company wide reports outside of the referral center to assist and providing dotted line reporting to the finance department
The candidate will, preferably, be a college graduate or working toward a college degree and have either educational or work experience related to entrepreneurship. Additional key education, experience, skills and/or attributes include:
· Understanding of the entrepreneurial process and commitment to performing high levels of customer service
· Demonstrating excellent communication skills, written and verbal, on the phone and in person
· Being detail oriented with excellent record-keeping abilities
· Possessing strong computer and software skills including Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Dropbox and Google Drive with the ability to learn new applications and complex features as needed
· Having a strong sense of initiative, self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Having the ability to accurately enter data, which is essential to the role
· Demonstrating outstanding organizational skills and ability to develop and maintain filing systems
· Working with a high degree of integrity and holding high ethical standards
· Treating others with respect and dignity
· Being Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
Email resumes directly to Tiffany Nixon, Manager, Referral Center Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.