By: Valyn Reinig
If you’re not a photographer, or don’t have that extra cash laying around to purchase high quality stock images, you might have some difficulty finding the perfect image to use for your website, social media post, or that flyer you’re getting ready to send out to your clients. But here’s the good news; there are tons of ways to find great royalty free photos online, and I’ve compiled a list for you here:
- Free copyright free photos under the Creative Commons public domain deed.
- Free high-resolution images that get added to weekly.
- Free photos to use for both your commercial and personal work.
- Free photos to copy, distribute, and adapt as you see fit.
- 10 free photos get added every 10 days.
- Sign up to receive 7 new images every 7 days.
•New Old Stock
- A perfect place to find royalty free vintage images.
- This site contains hundreds of specific animal photos.
Vectors and Backgrounds
- Photos under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
- Great if you’re needing vectors to accompany social media posts.
•Lost & Taken
- Textured images that can be used as background images.
- More textured and background images to use in your projects.
I do want to note that some of these sites require you to log in and create an account, and to also credit the original owner through attribution on whatever platform you decide to use the image on. Just pay close attention to where you get each photo from and what licenses if any the image is associated with, as some have certain restrictions, while others do not.
Content contributed by Valyn Reinig, IASourceLink. IASourceLink is a proud affiliate of U.S. SourceLink, America's largest resource network for entrepreneurs.